Saturday, July 24, 2010

things i'll keep to myself

The trend among youngsters who are in relationships these days are to give each other the passwords to their social network accounts. My first question is: Who started this very useless trend? And why do people conform to it?

Apparently, we need to show that we trust our other half by actually giving away our passwords to them. For what? So that they can delete and block our friends who are of the XY chromosome-ed variety? Yes, people cheat and yes, they start having these side relationships via Facebook, Yahoo! Messenger and Skype. But really, why be in a relationship with a person you don't trust in the first place?

Honestly, the best way you can show trust is by actually keeping what is yours, private. So what if he loves you? You know, if he loves you so much, he'd understand and he'd trust you to be faithful without the added reinforcement of his presence lurking in your Facebook profile. And sometimes, these jerks will ask for their girlfriends' password but won't give their passwords to their girlfriends in return. Their excuse? 'Oh, because you're crazy hot and a lot of guys will hit on you and I don't want my baby to be taken away from me.'. Hey, very smart tactic. And why were you so worried some guy would hit on us in the first place? Probably because you people make a habit out of hitting on hot girls kan? Pffft.

News flash, I don't think guys have any right to dictate how a girl acts without at least being engaged to said girl. And I'm talking about the real official type of engagement alright? Not the type where you change you relationship status on Facebook. That is just another thing entirely, something that I don't think I have the stomach to address today; people's obviously untrue relationship statuses. Hey, you want to control someone, go get married to them. And after that, you can knock yourself out silly for all I care.

And honestly, you learn from past mistakes and I realized that the most important thing in a relationship is to keep yourself grounded. Be true to yourself. Screw him if he doesn't think that you're important enough to be respected.

Why give your boyfriend your password? Because you trust them? You trust them, you let them make their own decisions and in turn, he'll do the same for you. Because you love them? There are lots of types of love that comes before the love for a lover. For example, love for your family, love for oneself, etc. Because you want their password in return? Why do you want their password in the first place? Do you actually need it to get through your life? *confused*

Many might disagree and say that I don't understand. Well, I don't. That's why I'm posting this up. Give me your two cents. Tell me what you think about this and your views on it. If you're obsessed about getting your bf or gf's password, I think you should get a life. Find one outside of the Facebook world this time around. Giving away your password takes a second, repairing a relationship takes forever and changing all your passwords is a bitch. So, avoid it by not giving your password in the first place. :D

Have a great weekend peeps!

♥

5 comments:

  1. Totally agree with u dear! :D And I reblogged it in my blog. But let me know if you're not okay with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kak sophea: totally okay with that. :)

    is: hik. tak tahu kenapa rasa cm nak tulis. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hye. have addedu up onto my private blog list. But not sure if you've receive the email yet or not. Let me know if you haven't got that email yet okay? ;)

    ReplyDelete